When shall I use ArchiMate?
When shall I use Labnaf ?
- Use ArchiMate only for simple or isolated project architecture
- Use Labnaf if you want a complete and professional solution for driving transformations as a team
Sample ArchiMate modeling issues that will make you upgrade to Labnaf
- Which elements are applications managed in my application portfolio?
- Which ones are components?
- Which ones are data stores?
- How do I model levels of details; How do I manage complexity?
- How do I model a message flow?
- Which information is used in which flows?
- Which information is flowing in which direction?
- How do I make sure people can’t create flows mixing levels of detail?
- How to I define messages and message content?
- How do I model plateaus on connectors?
- How can I hide and show elements (not) belonging to a certain plateau?
Sample scaling issues that will you make upgrade from ArchiMate to Labnaf
- How can I make diagrams simple to read and unambiguous?
- How does the language integrate in a complete framework?
- How do I integrate other standards in that framework?
- How do these standards integrate in a precise and actionable transformation process?
- What exact views are used and produced throughout the process?
- How can I integrate enterprise architecture, solution architecture, strategy and roadmapping in a repository at large scale?
- How can I make my metamodel easy to read and to customize?
- How can I make sure my key diagrams are complete and have a consistent look and feel?
- How do I specify automatic calculations?
- How do I specify and generate Excel reports?
- How do I schedule tasks?
- How do I apply governance for my enterprise visualization, for strategy and for project architecture?